Sunday, August 28, 2016

a little hand holding ...

As I hoped, I can post an interim photo today, an element of my most recent piece! I can say that because he's finished as of this morning. Whew! I beat another deadline, and it's a good feeling. The left hand, sculpted in polymer clay, is holding a pumpkin jack-o-lantern sculpted from Creative Paper Clay and painted with acrylics. The stem is a small section of sisal twine that's been untwisted a bit. I'll show you the completed doll in a few days. Before I can publish him, though, I need to take him over to the Galveston Art League Gallery on Postoffice Street tomorrow to be entered into the Fall Juried Show. On Tuesday, my two entries along with all the others will be judged. Some won't be selected for this show, and some artists will be disappointed. Most entries will be selected for the show, and a few will even win awards! After Tuesday, I can publish his picture and show you what I've been up to, and let you know if my little guy will be in the show! I hope you'll keep your fingers crossed with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment