Monday, August 13, 2012

treasure

Introducing my treasure: my mom's old Pfaff 130!  I learned to sew on it when I was a teen.

Purchased new in the early 1950s, it came to my house after my mom passed away last year and I recently found a man nearby who could get her tuned up and in running order. You should have seen his eyes light up when he saw her in the back of my car. He couldn't stop telling me what a treasure I had and how good a sewing machine it is. He put a new foot controller on her, too. She was originally a cabinet model with a knee controller.  I never liked the knee controller, preferring to work with my toes! I don't think my mom would mind that I made the change. 

This machine had not been used for years, although the cabinet had been placed in my mom's office to hold her Merlin vision enhancing device at a comfortable height for her to use for bill paying and other reading. Right now the Pfaff is resting on top of the closed cabinet, in the garage, until I can get machine and cabinet up the stairs and into my studio. It is really heavy!  I can't wait to get it set up and sewing up a storm.  I'll post another picture here when the studio setup is ready to go ... without cardboard boxes in the background.

You may have read in an earlier post that my other sewing machine, a Simplicity portable, has a name.  She is Lucille. The Pfaff needs a name,too, don't you think.

Thank you again for visiting. Please leave a comment or your suggestion for a name for my treasure. And stop in again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment