Thursday, August 9, 2012

I+SEW+Sceles

I love a play on words and this next project is just that, and will be figurative, with a nod to geometry and a little bit of quilting thrown in for good measure. There's a deadline. I sure hope I can pull it off. Here's a picture of some of the major components as they stand today.
I+SEW+Sceles

She's going to be a 20" or so tall pyramid standing on a 6" base. Her face is a Creative Paper Clay casting from a mold of one of my sculpted faces, tea dyed and glazed. I may add more coloring as the piece progresses. Her torso and limbs will be appliqued and quilted and free-motion stitched on the front triangle. Will she wear clothing or be nude. I don't know. What do you think. I'm not sure about her hair yet. Maybe it should be piled high to complete the peak of the triangle. Beading and other embellishments are sure to be added.

The deadline? She's slated to be part of the TAODA exhibit at Houston's International Quilt Festival in a couple of months.

I+SEW+Sceles? Isosceles. Get it?

Thank you for stopping by. Please come back to follow my progress.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! Being back and creating is fantastic. I look forward to seeing your progress on your projects here. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete